Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Custodian of the hall of records - animal hall




Running away from home when he was at the age of 19 Ante was a victim of child abuse. From the age of 8 up until he ran away his father beat him for no reason at all, if his dad was angry he would take it out on his son.
Getting out of their as soon as possible he wanted to start a new life, away from his child beating father and away from his fathers stupid girlfriend. Mum passed away when I was 7 and ever since then my dad has bashed me, for no reason at all. I am the only child in the house and now I am all alone out on the street.
For 3 years I lived in the shit, from dump to dump, shelter to shelter and never did I ever think of going back home. I stole food and blankets to survive and really thought I was going to live like this forever. The streets where a dark gloomy place at night and the only place to be was hidden away from the crime of the streets of New York. One night as I was walking along a street I remember the street name like it was yesterday, Franklin street I was approached by a man with a very long black jacket and a hat, he said “ Come with me and I will take you away from this slum these streets, you will live a better life.”
I took his word for it and went with him, we drove for hours as I remember vaguely when I woke up from a sleep, we arrived at this house, he opened the back door and I got out. He said to me “ follow me inside and stay with us my family and I, we will feed you bath you, you will be treated as a human not some bum on the streets.” I thought to my self, is this a dream or is this man crazy.
I was exhausted so I followed him in and met a very tall women and two other children who were living in the house, the man named Hahns and wife named angelica never really explained to me what they did or who they where they just treated me like I was one of there own. The two other children where very young one the age of 3 and other just 9 months old.
Years went on and I called them mother and father my two step brothers grew up and treated me like there own brothers also. They were a very wealthy family and where never shy in offering to anyone. They asked me if I would like to look after there business it was a hall of records business for animals, I gladly said “yes.”

No comments: